Thursday, August 18, 2011

It's been awhile since I updated and just got back from a few days with Scott and Cara, so here goes.

I made the trip up to get my temple clothes, etc.  It was a most successful trip.  I am all set now for next Fri.  Plus, we went to Cara's great used books store and Seagull Book.  I came home with a lot a great books.  Can hardly wait to start reading them all.

Went to church with them and it was a most interesting experience.  Scott had told me this was the noisiest ward he had ever been to, and he was right.  Even though we sat about 5 rows from the front of the chapel, we could still hardly hear the speakers.  I really was a little shocked that some of these people either don't take their noisy children out or train them to be quiet and respectful.  It really made me appreciate our little branch here.  Even when we have had visitors with small children, they kept them under control.

But, had a terrific visit with Scott and family.  They even taught me how to play Farkle!  What a fun time we had.  Scott and I had started a game and Allison joined in late.  She ended up winning!  But what fun we had.

Now, I must get ready for all my company.  Paul will be here Sat. evening with Christina and Lizza.  Christina is going to BYU and Lizza just came to visit.  They will leave shortly after my church on Sunday to go to Scott's.  Then Tues or Wed Susan and Mike will be here for a week and Paul, Scott and Cara will be here Thurs.  Am really looking forward to this mini family reunion.

My back is doing better all the time.  I only use the cane when I get really tired or know I have to go up a bunch of stairs.  Going down is fine but coming up is a bit of a challenge.  Even my limp when I don't use the cane is decreasing.  So glad to see progress. 

Well, I best sign off for now.  Need to start getting my house cleaned up a bit for all this company.

No comments: