Friday, August 5, 2011

My Personal Blog

I tried to post to Rick and my blog "Wolcott Wandering" and blogger wouldn't let me so I decided to create my own space. I have titled my blog "My Unchained Melody" for two reasons. First, the song is my all time favorite, especially by the Righteous Brothers and second, this will be a disjointed blog. Just my thoughts as they come to me. All different subjects will be posted and this will only be viewed by some.

I recently joined a group on facebook after seeing one of my friends post on it. The group is called "You know you grew up in Merced..." Now I only lived there 4 years from my sophomore year of high school thru my freshman year of college but I certainly feel those were more most growing up years. Reading the posts there, and it is definitely multi-generational, has made me really think back on those years. I have found several friends from high school to add to my facebook friends and some of the posts really bring back memories.

Memories can be good and bad. But I have noticed mostly people are remembering the good things. And I think that is how memories should be. Why dwell on the bad.

Here on my blog, I will try to keep more current on what I am doing. Especially after I got onto facebook, we really let our other blog slide, noticed several others that I read have done the same thing. But here, I can write things I wouldn't put on facebook for everyone to see. This will be a little more personal.

And one of the first things to update people with, in case I haven't told you before, I became active in my church again almost a year ago. I started working on going to the temple and had it planned to do in May. We know how Lucifer likes to mess things up and he did a great job with me by screwing up my back and I had to have surgery the day after Easter. I didn't fall or have any kind of accident but I suddenly had a disk out of alignment. Since this was the third time, the surgeon put plates and screws in. Recovery is long but mostly behind me know. I am still on restrictions of no bending, no twisting and a 10 lb. weight limit. This will last until my next appt. on Oct 13th when hopefully I will be released with no restrictions. Standing and sitting in a hard chair are still bothersome but getting better. I walked around between each meeting at Church so that I can make it thru all of them. I have been up in as a counselor in our Relief Society and this is a whole new experience for me.

This Sunday, I have an interview with my Stake President for my temple recommend and hope to be going on Fri. Aug 26th. I am excited and nervous as I am usually when I do something I have never done before. Most, if not all, of my siblings want/plan on being here for me and I can't tell them how glad I am that they have supported me through all my years of inactivity.

I hope to get this blog more refined with things as the time goes by. As I recall, loading pictures was a pain because of the internet connection we have here out in the valley, but will do my best. For now, will sign off.

2 comments:

Eileen said...

Scott had problems posting a comment. I think I have fixed the problem. This is a test.

Anonymous said...

Okay, trying this again. This is our test. -Scott